Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Welcome To The Haunted Mansion

I was listening to The Haunted Mansion! on Live365 today, and was overcome with a longing to be just at the entrance of the ride. You know, where you've just passed the last cast member and are entering the dark chamber with the floating candelabra up near the ceiling.

Ok, so who doesn't want to be on the Haunted Mansion? But I could actually feel the cool air wafting over me as I sat at my work desk, daydreaming. It really was just my imagination. Today has been rather warm considering the past few months, but not warm enough for a fan or air conditioning. Just very intense daydreaming.

It helps though, that Disney's shutting down the Mansion over the summer for rehabs. Our first wedding anniversary is coming up in May, and since we couldn't afford to get married down there, we were going to go for our anniversary. Well, we can't afford that either (since we went with his mom and brother in December). While the Mansion isn't supposed to be closing until June, you can never be certain when it comes to Disney. Wouldn't it be awful to drive 16 hours, pay thousands of dollars, and then have your second favorite ride closed? (My favorite being Pirates of the Carribean- but HM is hubby's favorite) I still remember refusing to go down while they were rehabbing Pirates, even though hubby wasn't bothered about it ("just as long as the Haunted Mansion is open").

Bah. It's rare for me that a ride is what I miss most about WDW, but it tends to be harder to shake when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that while I allow promotional comments and links when the promotion or link is Disney related, if I feel that it is in direct competition with any of my websites or planned websites, I may delete the comment.

Personal comments always welcome!