Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Epcot Inferno Barge

No, I don't want to be on the inferno barge, but I'd love to see the inferno barge burnoff some day. Until I manage that, check out the video I found on YouTube (with the help of Anita Answer at allearsnet.com.

The Inferno Barge is part of Epcot's Illuminations, the closing ceremony, which involves fireworks, a globe shaped LCD screen, and lighting the lagoon on fire. Very cool show. Before they can store the barge at night, they burn off the excess propane well after closing. Anita's explanation is the last post on this page.


2 comments:

  1. Wow that is crazy. Our oldest boy is terrified of fire works so we have yet to see Illuminations at Epcot.

    We have seen Tink and all of that in the magic kingdom, I would like to see the water on fire. He just thinks that is a little too close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a shame. Illuminations is an amazing show. Perhaps you could take him to see Fantasmic at MGM? There are fireworks and the water lights on fire- but they're fewer and you're seated farther away. Plus, there are other things happening at the same time that might be distracting enough for him to be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that while I allow promotional comments and links when the promotion or link is Disney related, if I feel that it is in direct competition with any of my websites or planned websites, I may delete the comment.

Personal comments always welcome!