Friday, July 27, 2007

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

AllEarsNet recently posted a new review of the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre, which reminded me of one of my favorite things at the world.

My personal feelings on the Sci-Fi Dine In is that the food is mediocre at best, but the theming is some of the best on property. You sit in booths shaped like classic cars (complete with license plates) with the "dashboard" as your "table". All of the cars are facing a large screen where trailers for cheesy old sci-fi/horror flicks are playing in a loop of about 45 minutes.

If you're lucky, your waiter/waitress will be wearing roller skates and you'll get to be in the front seat. The back seat is fine, but since you can't face each other (unless you're sitting in the back of the "parking lot" where they have round tables with umbrellas) the only entertainment is what's on screen. Remember, these cars are topless- so you can't be!

The desserts are as good as the average Disney restaurant, as are the drinks. Some of the other restaurants offer drinks with the glowy ice cubes- but there's no where else that they make such a big impact.



Everytime I order a Space Invader at the Sci-Fi Dine-In, eyes turn as the waiter/waitress brings it to my car. Some lean over to ask me what I got, while those farther away begin motioning to their waitstaff.

And total bonus? Those icecubes make great reading lights as they can be cupped in your hand so as not to distract the driver/fellow passengers on your way home. They last hours! Make sure you wash them off first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that while I allow promotional comments and links when the promotion or link is Disney related, if I feel that it is in direct competition with any of my websites or planned websites, I may delete the comment.

Personal comments always welcome!