Friday, November 23, 2007

Just Saw Enchanted

It's a wee bit cheesy (I think that would be obvious from the previews and the concept of course), but funny, and definitely unique. There were a few obvious connections to Disney animated movies- particularly Snow White, The Little Mermaid, and Cinderella.

But what I loved, were the more subtle connections. My particular favorite, was while Gisele was staring at the fish in the aquarium and the background music was "Part Of Your World" from the Little Mermaid. I went nuts at that point.

My husband pointed out that many of the musicians and some of the dancers in the scene where Gisele and Robert were walking around NYC were actually from Walt Disney World. He remembers seeing them, though I don't remember faces as well as he does. I do think it was a great touch.

I'm also positive that Amy Adams (Gisele) used to play Ariel at WDW. I could be wrong, but one of the Ariels that I've seen there looked suspiciously like her.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5, only because the beginning was a bit slow and I don't like Susan Sarandon (the evil queen). Otherwise, it was fun, vastly entertaining, perfectly safe to take kids to, and had some great lines at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that while I allow promotional comments and links when the promotion or link is Disney related, if I feel that it is in direct competition with any of my websites or planned websites, I may delete the comment.

Personal comments always welcome!